Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to Capricious Whimsy! 
A perfect place for random thoughts, a little DIY, and hodgepodge of all things domestic. 
Hello and welcome to my little corner of bloggland. I would like to take the opportunity to graciously thank you for visiting and to introduce myself to you. I am The Mrs. and I live a quiet and unassuming life with my husband The Mr. along with our sweet little munchkin, The Doodle and a spoiled, rescued feline, affectionately dubbed Brutus or Tutie for short. We are your average American family just chugging along waiting to see what this big old world has in store for us.

Now that the introductions are out of the way lets get down to business!  What kind of Whimsy is in store for us today? Why the nonsensical kind of course! Today we are going to take a virtual trip to one of my most favorite places in the whole wide world, Savannah Georgia. If you have never visited, I highly recommend adding it to your bucket list. I assure, you will not be disappointed. Between the food, the history, the architecture and the locals it is one of those destinations that makes you want to pull up roots and buy a house, right then and there on the spot! When I win the ka-billion dollar lottery I will be buying either Mercer House or the Hamilton-Turner Inn ;-) You are of course all welcome to come and stay with me.




Aside from being a gorgeous, historic city, Savannah is one of the jewels of the south. It is hands down one of the friendliest cities I have ever visited. The locals play gracious hostess and let me tell you, you had better make it down to River Street and over to Wet Willies for the best Daiquiris south of the Mason-Dixon Line. The grandest part, in my humble opinion,  is that you are allowed to saunter down the street with your daiquiris in hand to enjoy the party that spills out of the bars and on to the street. The riverboats pull up to the dock playing a beat that demands to be danced to and the folks on River Street happily oblige. 


 One must not forget to saunter over to Congress St and visit The Lady and Sons for the best home cooked meal you will eat in your life. I can personally attest to the fact the food is so good, you will not walk away hungry. Elizabeth's on 37th is another fine dining establishment that should not be missed.  I just love, love, love that it is in a 1900's Gothic style Victorian mansion.

A visit to Savannah would not be complete with out a little drive to Tybee Island for the pristine white sand beaches and dazzling sunsets.






I hope you enjoyed our little adventure today. I invite you to come back tomorrow to see what whimsy we will explore :-)

All the best,

xoxo
 The Mrs. 










No comments:

Post a Comment