Sunday, November 27, 2011

Decking the Halls





I inherited my mom's Christmas tree a few years ago. She got tired of stringing lights, decided to save herself the hassle and just buy a pre-lit tree. She asked me if I wanted it, and I said Yes! Please! She also included these cool vintagey looking bubble lights, Thanks Momma!


This year I have a few new baubles to add to the tree. I bought this pair of  50's era green drop bulbs at a church rummage sale for a quarter a piece. They match a few of the ones that are on display in the china cabinet. I was undecided about where to put them. Ultimately they ended up on the tree. I loved the slender shape, they are so delicate.








The elves on top belonged to my mother in law. She put them in my Mr.'s room every Christmas when he was little. When she passed, he continued to carry on their tradition. Now they share a prominent spot at the top of the tree, right next to the star.

This glass bulb is is from the Czech Republic and is hand painted & glittered. It used to be a twin, until tragedy struck one year and now it is single. Maybe I should go back and buy her a mate. You know I am a sucker for the sparkly baubles, and this one captured my attention immediately. I bought the pair from Jim Marvin Enterprises in Dickson, TN. I did not know that he was a wholesale suplier, when I dragged my friend Jenn to the store to check it out. I almost didn't get to buy them. Good thing we ran into Jenn's mom while we were there. She owns a business and was walking in to shop, just as we were walking out. Fantastic timing. Those babies were meant to be mine.  The Mr. has Czech heritage and I am happy to represent him on the tree.



Despite the pink glitter above, The Mr. is well represented  in a more manly fashion. I didn't entirely  revoke his mancard!

The doodle is represented as well. I love putting Ty's handmade ornaments on the tree every year. It is another reminder to me that of all that he has acheived. These two gingerbread men are from first and second grade and the glitter pine cone is from preschool. My little man is growing up so very fast. The Mr. and I are so proud of the handsome young man he is becoming.  
 
And here she is in all of her 2011 glory...............


I hope you are all having a fantastic time decorating your homes for the holidays! May they all be Merry and Bright :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment