Saturday, November 26, 2011

Paula Deens Ya'll Come On Inn

In the fall of 2010 I was blessed to be able to take a fantastic Sister Trip to Savannah GA, with my mom, her two sisters (my aunts), a cousin, and two of my sisters. We stayed at Paula Deen's Condo on Tybee Island.  We spent an amazing week enjoying the sights, eating at the Lady & Sons & Uncle Bubba's, shopping, walking the beach and enjoying each others company. Savannah is a beautiful city and a gracious hostess. The shopping is stellar, there are so many unique items and one of a kind baubles. It was a fabulous vacation, and I am beyond thrilled that we have another Sister trip in the works.
 
In the spring we are planning on visiting Biltmore, in Ashville NC. It is the home of the Vanderbilt family and is touted as the largest home in America. It was completed in 1895 and is modeled after a french chateau. It has 250 rooms filled with antiques from around the world. The gardens are exquisite as well. I can hardly stand the wait :-) Until then I will just have to settle for a trip down memory lane, via the photos from Savannah. 

Do ya'll want to check out Paula Deens Ya'll Come on Inn? Well here are my photos of that special vacation. If your interested in staying at Ya'll Come On Inn here is the link for Mermaid Cottage Rentals in Tybee GA. They handle the reservations for the Inn.


 Here is the front of the condo. Look at us, we are such tourists, lol! The condo is about 4 or 5 blocks from the ocean. It was such a relaxing luxury to get in the car and drive down to the beach in the morning to stick my toes in the sand and watch the dolphins jump in and out of the water. I could so get used to that. 



The condo has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a laundry room on the second floor and there is also a pull out couch in the living room. You can comfortable sleep 8 people. The entire home is furnished with Paula's line of furniture and her own personal family photos. The kitchen too, is stocked full of her line of cookware, spices, seasonings and marinades. There is even a cardboard cutout of Paula. We moved that thing everywhere and we did photo shoots with it too! Oh good times :-) I almost forgot to mention that you get a signed copy of the Lady and Sons cookbook and a reservation to the Lady & Sons restaurant with your stay. 








Here we have a shot of the kitchen, never you mind the mess or the mad stash of booze on the right ;-)




A shot of the entertainment center in the living room. One of the things I like best about this condo was the comfy rocking chairs out on the big old front porch. It makes me want a house with a wrap around front porch again.









The weather was just beautiful the whole week we were there. Not to hot, not to cold, just perfect. The breeze that comes in off the water in evening is just lovely and I just love the smell of the salt water in the air. This was a prime spot to curl up with a book and enjoy the peace and quiet.





Some of Mrs. Paula's sayings.















This is the dining room and the cardboard cutout of Paula. I read somewhere, I think it was Michael Groovers book, that the reason that they had it made was because during the filming of her show her bird, Lady Bird, would not stop calling for his mama. It was difficult for them to tape over the bird and Lady Bird would just not be consoled unless he was close to his mama. They had a cardboard cutout made of Paula to put by the bird and the problem was solved. Im glad they thought of this idea, because we sure did have a fun photo shoot with it. I will have to dig up the pic we took of her with the all of the butter on the counter.  

Paula's family photos adorn the walls at Ya'll Come Inn. It is an exciting glimpse into her fantastic life. I think the reason she is so popular with people is because of her sparkly personality and the fact that she keeps it real. What you see is what you get, and despite her fame she has never forgotten her roots. That is an amazing feat. Here we have her precious grandson Jack. What a sweet little boy!




Mrs Paula and Michael in front of their Tybee home. This home is where she shoots Paula's Home Cooking.















A nice family shot. There are so many photos. There are photos of Paula with the President and First Lady, another of her at the Smithfield Plant in white protective gear and goggles, pictures of Jamie and Brooke's wedding, and of course photos of young Jamie and Bobby. Its like it is her personal family home.







 




This is the master bedroom. We call it the Brown room. Kind of funny since that is one of our family names.












And last but not least is the Green Bedroom. I loved this bedroom so much I re-created it (with my own modifications, of course) when I got home. I am still looking for the Peacock pillows though. I am also still holding out for that bed. I think its a great design and that who ever came up with the idea of the posts that screw on and off so you can change the look of the bed, was a genius.  It comes with tall and short posts so you can change them out as necessary.




I hope you enjoyed our little mini vacation and I am so excited to be able to share with you, one of the best vacations I have ever taken. I will surly let you know how my trip to Biltmore turns out and I promise to take lots of pic to share.























No comments:

Post a Comment