Friday, November 25, 2011

Support Small Business Saturday!


Capricious Whimsey is participating in Support Small Business Saturday, in an effort to help support small business during the holiday shopping season and beyond. I have decided that I will share with you some of the small businesses that I have shopped from in the past and a few more that I am planning to purchase holiday gifts from. I am not a paid spokesperson and I have not received anything in return for promoting them. I just think that small business is so important to our economy and I am passionate about helping them to succeed.

Sleeping Bear Farms
(source)
http://www.sleepingbearfarms.com/

 Sleeping Bear Farms Star Thistle Honey is one of my most favorite honeys. It is widely considered one of the best tasting honey's in the world and it is produced in the Northern MI region from the abundant supply of Star Thistle that are native to the region. They feature other products as well, like Tupelo honey. Every year they box up the bees and take them to Florida so that they can produce this wonderful natural concoction. Either honey would make a great gift for the baker on your holiday gift giving gift list!


Pick Up Sticks Jewelry
(source)
 http://www.pickupsticks.net/US/USA_home.html

This year I received a gift of one of these dazzling handcrafted little pewter charms. I received the Libra from their Zodiac collection. It is whimsical and every time I wear it I am complimented on it. I am planning on ordering from the Travel collection for a special gift on my Christmas List. A click on the link will take you right to their homepage where you can view the collection and locations of retailers in your area!


Jeni's Ice Cream

(Source)
http://jenisicecreams.com/

One taste of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and you will never want to eat grocery store ice cream ever again! This ice cream is made with the freshest ingredients and the flavor combination's are out of this world. Jeni's is starting to take off and has opened several stores in several states (please please please open one in MI). The store itself looks exactly like an ice cream store should.  


The best part, you can taste a bite of everything before you buy it. My personal fave is a scoop of backyard mint with a scoop of dark chocolate to accompany. Wait, I like the whiskey pecan and the wild-berry lavender too. Magnifique!  As the french would say. Jeni's ships and you can purchase by collection or signature flavor. Don't forget to check out the super delicious ice cream sandwiches as well. You will not be disappointed. The current Holiday collection includes Boozy Eggnog, Dark Chocolate Peppermint, Spiced Pepita Brittle and Sweet Potato with toasted marshmallow. Take a look at the photos above, and you will see that Good Humor has got NOTHING on Jeni!




I had the opportunity when I lived in TN to work for an amazing little coffeehouse that used Bongo Java coffee beans. While the coffeehouse has since closed, I remain a huge fan of Bongo Java. They start with 100% organic and fair trade coffee beans and then roast to your desired flavor. The Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is my favorite roast. It is a full bodied smooth flavor with hints of buttery caramel and molasses. They also make the tastiest chocolate covered espresso beans. This would be an excellent idea for the coffee aficionado on your gift list!

I hope that you will at least take a look at what these business have to offer and consider purchasing from small business for some of your holiday gifts this season!














No comments:

Post a Comment