Friday, December 2, 2011

Small Business Saturday Take 2

In my ongoing effort to help support small business, I present to you week 2 of Small Business Saturday. The following are all places I have purchased items from. Again, I am not a paid spokesperson and I have not received anything for my promotional efforts. I just like the product and wanted to share my sources.



Melissa and Doug


I was introduced to Melissa and Doug products way back in 1999 when my son was born. They are quality toys, many have out lasted the wear and tear my son has inflicted on them over the years. I love that they have such a full line of products and I always look to them first when looking for great toys to give as gifts. Last year Santa brought several of the board puzzles and this year he will be dropping off this folding mideval castle.You can find Melissa & Doug on their website and at most Toys R Us stores.


Velvet Strawberries
I have been following Andrea's blog for several years now, http://velvetstrawberries.typepad.com/. I am just blown away her designs and talent. Above are handmade book marks. I absolutely adore the vintage quality and whimsy these represent. Andrea makes the most amazing ear drops as well. One of these days I'm going to be quick enough with the mouse so I can snag one of these beauties up before the sign reads sold out!

Dixboro General Store

Above we have Dixboro all lit up for the holiday season. A trip to this store will ensure a fantastic gift for that hard to buy for someone on your list. Dixboro is located in Ann Arbor MI on Plymouth Road.  

Dixboro sells everything from furniture to flowers (really they have a flower sale every year come spring see photo above right), and even offer gift certificates. I purchased my star curtains and table runner here. I walked up stairs saw them hanging in the window, and knew they were exactly what I was looking for. The helpful staff took them right off the window and it was a done deal. They are a treasure trove of Holiday decorating goodies that are unique and timeless. I have purchased sparkling Easter eggs, vintage santas,wooden signs and garden accessories that have certainly helped add a warm and cozy ambiance to my home. Stop on by and have a look for yourself. Don't forget to stop by the counter, register for the mailing list (GREAT coupons) and taste the Annie. B Caramel's. 

A peek inside.







I encourage you to click the links and check these business out. They offer wonderful merchandise sure to please even the most finicky person on your gift giving list. 



No comments:

Post a Comment