Saturday, December 10, 2011

Small Business Saturday Take 3


If you have been reading Capricious Whimsy, then you know by now that I have extended my support of Small Business Saturday to all of the Saturdays in December. All of the business's I have chosen are all places I have ordered from so I am familiar with their product. I do not receive anything in return for my product endorsement. Each of these companies have fabulous products, so give them some Christmas time love and  shop small business for holiday gifts too :-)

Vosges Haut Chocolate 

I don't know if I have enough words to describe how divine these fantastic confections are. Sandi introduced me to Vosges Haut Chocolate three years ago. At first I was a little put off by some of the unique flavor configurations. I didn't think I could do wasabi in my chocolate. Her persistent urging, and the fact that she bought me some for Christmas, was enough of a push to take the plunge. I am so glad I did! Bapchi's Carmel Toffee Bar and the Barcelona Bar are tied for my favorite flavor. The sweet buttery toffee of the Bapchi Bar is blended with a deep chocolate and is mixed with walnuts and pecans. The Barcelona Bar contains hickory smoked almonds, Fleur de Sel grey sea salt, and is blended with a deep chocolate. This salty sweet combo rocks!

If you want to try them out but are unsure of which flavor combo to go with, Vosges makes these awesome little mini bars so you can taste test to find your favorite flavor combo before committing to a bigger bar. Its a great way to be adventurous and try something new.They are priced just right at only $2.50 a bar. Good Secret Santa Gift? I think so!


If you love a salty sweet combo you should try the Mo's Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix. Its a great little gift idea coming in at only $12.00 for the package. It makes 12 pancakes and they are to die for.

I also highly recommend the La Parisienne Couture Cocoa. It sounds all fancy-schmancy and it is. There is a big reason to make a big fuss over this drinking chocolate. It is so unlike any hot cocoa I have had before.  It is velvety smooth and contains Madagascar Vanilla Bean and dark chocolate shavings. It is fabulous for drinking and for adding a little something extra to your baking. If  you have a chocolate connoisseur on your list, this is a must have gift.

Whole Foods carries Vosges and here  is a link to their website. Amazing stuff my friends. Great food always makes a fantastic holiday gift.


Savannah Bee Company 

Tupelo Honey

This is the other one of my most favorite honey's around! They have the best tupelo honey I have ever tasted. I use this honey when I make Baklava. It is also fantastic on a biscuit.


Savannah Bee Company is running a December Is So Special Sale right now, and if you spend over $50.00 you get a free beeswax hand and nail salve. They have an awesome line of body care products. I use the mint julep soap in the winter time and it helps keep my skin soft and moisturized. This soap is hand-milled, and has a pleasant minty aroma that helps me wake up on cold winter mornings. It would make a great stocking stuffer or Secret Santa gift.




Mountain Rose Herbs



This last business on today's list is Mountain Rose Herbs. Here is a link to their website. This is an excellent source for loose tea, spices, seasonings and essential oils. They support Fair Trade & sustainable agriculture while maintaining very reasonable prices. My favorite thing to order is the Aches and Pains massage oil for my Mr. His job is physically demanding and this oil helps to ease his tired muscles after a hard day at work. 

If you get a chance stop on by and visit the websites of these wonderful companies. I'm sure they would appreciate your support.  I hope ya'll are having a fantastic weekend! 









No comments:

Post a Comment