Monday, December 5, 2011

My Love Affair With Leopold

I received Leopold as a wedding gift from my parents, when I married the Mr. many years ago. That was a beautiful day my friends. I had been patiently waiting for him to come into my life. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mr., but I am not talking about him. I am talking about my Leopold. I coveted him for the better part of 7 years. I loved him from the moment we met. He was absolutely perfect! Shiny and sleek with a classic, timeless design. He could have sat on my grandmother's counter in the 50's and then seamlessly transitioned to my more modern kitchen without skipping a beat. Together, we have the best time in the kitchen.  We are a fantastic pair, Leopold and I.

I will tell you that I greatly underestimated our relationship. When Leopold first moved in, I did not anticipate the depth of our affair or the impact of his presence in my kitchen. The more we worked together, the more I began to realize that Leopold and I would be together for the rest of my life. There is no reason to own another. He is literally warrantied for a lifetime due to his quality design and was manufactured right here in the good old US of A.

I use him for almost everything! Leopold helps me achieve superb results when I am blending the Redford, preparing holiday meals, cookie doughs, breads, mashed potatoes, fresh home made whipping cream and with many of my other culinary adventures. He also helps to build lasting memories with my little man in the kitchen. This holiday season I am going to introduce him to a new buddy, the Ice Cream attachment. I can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late! <-- (Sung in my best Alvin and the Chipmunks voice)

Seeing as how he would be living with me for the rest of my days, I thought long and hard about a proper name for him. Consequently, he remained nameless for about 2 years. Then one day I was reading this kitchy book, By The Shores of The Gitche Gumee by Tama Janowitcz.  There was a character in the book named Leopold. He was a charming 6 year old, who had a penchant for cooking and baking. I knew then that the name was absolutely fitting.

Since the beginning, Leopold has been anthropomorphized, however I recently found a way to give him a face to go with his lovely name. I ordered these stickers for him this week. I can't wait until they come :-)  Are'nt they so fun!
 


This Christmas my sister Sandi  is receiving her Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. She has decided to name her Gertrude. I will have extra stickers on the ready, so that Gerty can have a face to go with her name too. Being the baking nerds that we are, we will be baking and Skyping so that Leopold and Gertrude can become better acquainted. My friends think I am crazy to have given my Kitchen Aid a name. I just figured that if I was going to own something that long term, we might as well become acquainted. What better way than with a name?

My sister didn't think I was nuts. She understands my quirky personality and the fact that if you are blessed to own a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, you have a quality piece of kitchen equipment that lasts your entire lifetime. Few products now a days can make that claim.

If you are interested in ordering the anthropomorphizing stickers, click here. If your interested in owning a Kitchen Aid stand mixer click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment